J. Brent Barry
J. Brent Barry was raised in Monroe, Louisiana, although both of his parents are originally from Lafayette, Louisiana. Growing up, Lafayette was a gathering place for Brent and his family, where holidays were spent with grandparents and relatives. Brent attended Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, Louisiana earning a bachelor’s and master’s degree in History.
Brent graduated from Paul M. Hebert Law School at LSU in 2001 and began practicing law in Baton Rouge until 2006 when his practice brought him to Lafayette, where he currently resides with his wife and 2 daughters. Brent is bilingual and has a command of the Spanish language and culture, which has been invaluable to the Spanish-speaking clients which he often represents. Prior to joining the law firm of Boyer, Hebert, Abels & Angelle, Brent was the Managing Partner of J. Brent Barry, LLC since 2010.
Brent’s diverse practice has included representation of clients in Family Law, Business Law, Wills, Successions and Testamentary Trusts. Brent’s primary focus as Special Counsel with Boyer, Hebert, Abels and Angelle is that of an advocate for his clients involved in Admiralty and Maritime Litigation, Personal Injury Claims as a result of vehicular accidents, slip and falls, 18-wheeler accidents, workplace injuries, railroad grade crossing incidents and other such causes of injury. Brent also represents both business and individuals in Civil Litigation and Products Liability claims.
Brent approaches each case with comprehensive case management skills garnered from over 15 years of practice experience. He represents individuals, families and businesses throughout Lafayette, Breaux Bridge and the surrounding communities, and is committed to providing personalized legal service to meet the needs of his diverse clientele. Brent is licensed to practice in Louisiana and has represented clients nationwide. He is also admitted to practice in the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals and in the state of Mississippi.
Areas of Practice
- Admiralty and Maritime Litigation
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury including:
- Vehicular Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- 18- wheeler Accidents
- Workplace Injuries
- Railroad Grade Crossing Incidents
- Business Law
- Business Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- J.D. 2001 Paul M. Hebert Law School
- M.A. 1992 Major: History, Louisiana Tech
- B.A. 1991 Major: History, Louisiana Tech, Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Lafayette Parish Bar Association, Member