Bart J. Hebert
Bart J. Hebert is a native of Breaux Bridge, Louisiana and continues to live there with his wife and two children. After graduating from Breaux Bridge Senior High, Bart attended the University of Southwestern Louisiana. In 1999, he graduated magna cum laude from U.S.L. with a B.S. in Political Science and a minor in History. Additionally, Bart was named Outstanding Graduate of the Political Science Department.
After graduation from U.S.L., Bart attended law school at Louisiana State University’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center. While in law school, Bart was honored as the recipient of the Katherine and Camille Gravel Scholarship for his scholastic achievements, was named to the Chancellor’s List and Who’s Who Among American Law Students, and was the recipient of the Awards for the Highest Class Standing in Mineral Rights and Family Law. In 2002, he graduated with honors from L.S.U., finishing in the top 15% of his class. In that same year he was admitted to all Louisiana State Courts, the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of the United States District Courts, and the 5th Circuit Court of Appeal of the United States Courts of Appeal.
Bart’s practice is concentrated in the areas of personal injury, commercial transactions and litigation, estate planning and successions. Additionally, Bart manages BHAA Abstract & Title, LLC, the firm’s title company for commercial and residential real estate transactions.
Bart is an active member of his community, where he serves on the Board of Directors for Teche Center for the Arts; Advisory Council for St. Bernard School; and Parish Council for St. Bernard Church. He is an active member and Past Grand Knight of the Knights of Columbus, Chapter No. 2398 and coaches youth sports. Additionally, Bart is a member of the Kiwanis Club de Pont Breaux, Breaux Bridge Area Chamber of Commerce, Louisiana Land Title Association and Inn on the Teche.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Maritime/Jones Act
- Business Transactions and Litigation
- Wills, Trusts and Successions
- Real Estate Transactions and Closings
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. cum laude – 2002
- University of Southwestern Louisiana
- B.S. magna cum laude – 1999
- Honors: Outstanding Graduate of the Political Science Department
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Louisiana Land Title Association
- Inn on the Teche
Past Employment Positions
- Gordon, Arata, McCollam, Duplantis & Eagan